- This event has passed.
Bike & Stride for Sight
June 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$25.00
What is Bike & Stride 2019?
Bike & Stride (previously Bike For Sight) is a community bike ride to raise funds to provide life-changing surgery to those in need in countries around the world.
Registration Entry Fee
$25 per rider = providing comprehensive care for patients in Belize.
Bike for Sight Registration
Your registration includes:
- Bike for Sight SAG rest stops with water, refreshments, and snacks.
- Pre & Post-ride water, refreshments and snacks.
- (1) complimentary beer from HooDoo Brewing Co. provided at the conclusion of your race (must be 21 years of age with valid ID and Bike for Sight rider identification bracelet required) Additional beers available for purchase.
- (1) complimentary meal provided by Hale & Associates.
- (1) Mountain View Eye Center tote bag filled with goodies and coupons from businesses around town.
- (1) entry in the drawing to win a gift basket provided by Cold Spot Feeds.
- For every registered rider, Dr. Johnson of Mountain View Eye Center will donate $25 to the Gift of Sight project.
Event t-shirts are optional for $15. Add it to your registration and extend your support for Bike & Stride’s cause!
The ride starts at Mountain View Eye Center with a 5-mile loop. Doing a 5 mile route this year down and back along the pretty Chena river. There is a 3 mile turn around marked on the map and in the written instructions for the running and walking participants. The route will have plenty of markers and signs that are both GOS signs and colored markers for each type of participant (bikers, runners, and walkers) as well as volunteers along the route to help keep people happy with refreshments and guides.
Registration packets will be available for pick-up beginning at 6:00 p.m. on June 26 at the Bike & Stride starting line at Mountain View Eye Center. Packets may be picked up for friends or team members by providing their registration confirmation number(s).
We accept on-site registration on the day of the event.
$25 per rider = The cost of (1) sight-restoring surgery
Post Event Entertainment
Post event entertainment will begin at 07:15 p.m. until 8 p.m. It will include Beer from Hoodoo and Hot dogs and brats from MVEC and help from David Hale with Hale and Associates. Channel 11 KTVF will be doing the coverage the day of the event. Music day of the event by MVEC.
Bike for Sight Schedule of Events
On-Site Packet Pick-Up & Day-Of Registration
Bike tuning available
Start of Bike & Stride for bikers
Start of Bike & Stride for runners
Start of Bike & Stride for walkers
Post Bike & Stride Entertainment
Conclusion of all event-day activities. See you next year!